Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Unusual amongst Everyday, cont.

setting: University Mall

A beautiful woman, a li'l younger than me, is wearing a tag for the store I just entered. She speaks excellent, accented, English as she glances a double take, "You look so familiar to me."
Searching my memory, I come up blank, "I'm not quite sure why."
Searching her own memory she then hits on it and exclaims, "The bus!"
Yep, I ride the bus. Still, I can only muster a quizzical expression for a response. It's been a long day. The woman starts to flap her hands around in a folding motion, "You're the one with the bike!"
Now, I just laugh. "Ah, yeah. The folding bicycle."
"Yeah! You're the girl with the bicycle that," she starts folding her hands again, "It got so small! I'll never forget that day! Do you still have the bike?"
It's only been within the past few months that I've ridden the bus alongside Betsy, my folding bicycle. So I smile through laughter, "Yeah, yeah, I've still got it. She's an awfully useful li'l bike!"
At this point the woman returns to her work and I return to my browsing. She looks a little embarrassed at first, but she still smiles and waves as I leave the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment