Friday, October 21, 2011

Call me Abe

I replied to this add today:
Sign Waver/Holder (Orem)

Date: 2011-10-21, 10:50AM MDT
Reply to: job-fwkj5-2661503040@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

We are looking for a temporary Sign Waver to attract new clients to our firm. We will provide the costume (NOT a monkey suit!) and sign.

Work hours are very flexible within 8am - 6pm. Ideally should work 5 days a week, 4 hours/day. Time and pay may be increased based on performance and results.

Can start work immediately. This position will be open as long as weather permits.

Our office is located on Center St in Orem.

The ideal candidate:
- Is energetic.
- Has the endurance to stand/dance for 4 hours.
- Is about 5'9" or taller; the sign is large (this is not required but may be helpful).
- Can work varied hours (8am - 12pm one week, 2pm 6pm another week).

No resume necessary! Simply email your contact information if you are interested.

Location: Orem
Compensation: $7.50 / hour
This is a part-time job.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.


"You are the only one who's contacted us. So, we'd love to have you start his afternoon or Monday. If the sign's too big you can just prop it up and wave. ....Abraham Lincoln costume, really just a jacket."

Pretty sure I would hate myself within a matter of hours if I just stood there and waved while looking into a black hole of "I am doing this 20 hours a week. I have sold my soul for money."

Instead, I am going to build some stilts, and learn to walk on them. That's project number 1, at least. I intend to think of this as getting paid for street performance without even having to put out a bowl. And I get to practice on the job. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment