Monday, June 11, 2012

VOA First Day

I've accepted a (full time, benefited) job with Volunteers of America, Utah as a Youth Advocate at their Homeless Youth Resource Center.

"Wait, so I accrue paid vacation and sick leave?"

Somehow, in the excitement of having a retirement plan and health coverage (including an HSA! yip!) I missed that in some jobs, they actually pay you to stay home.  I guess this is normal in the stable-working-world.  I had no idea.  So, yep, the kids were great, my coworkers seem to create a fantastic team, but what struck me most on my first day?  Paid vacation and sick leave.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Erin!!!! I am really excited for you! You'll be great! And now you can take adventures and get paid to do it :) hehe. Good luck pretty lady!!

    ReplyDelete